Hansa was founded by German-born Hans Axthelm in 1972, with the vision to create "amazingly realistic" plush animals designed from ARTIST PORTRAITS of the world's majestic and EXOTIC wildlife. Hans and the ARTISAN TEAM have dedicated themselves to the development and production of "true to life" replications of animals in their natural habitat. Designs are as exact as possible in their detail.
Individually hand-crafted by our studio artists, HANSA CREATION offers the world's widest range of "realistic" soft sculpture (plush) animals from the around the world.
From their socially responsible, eco-friendly studio environment, HANSA CREATIONS lovingly designs each masterpiece from portraits of animals in their natural habitat, each with its own unique personality. Each animal's "coat" is meticulously cut by hand, never stamped out by machine. Soft paws, swishing tails, and especially soulful eyes and faces are lovingly detailed to create the life-like look that is unmistakably Hansa. It is because of this love and passion with which every adorable, heirloom quality, cuddly, HANSA creation is crafted, not only what it is but how and why it is. This is the inimitable soul of a HANSA CREATION. This is what makes a HANSA CREATIONS gift so special!
HANSA CREATION is respected the world over for its finely crafted collection of soft sculpture replicas of our planet's animal kingdom. Originally created for exclusive European collectors, it is through each inimitable "real-to-life" character, sub-titled "Portraits In Nature", that our mission is empowered to educate children and adults alike, about the lives of the real magnificent creatures. To understand, respect and appreciate the importance of our co-existence with all animals, in nature's "circle of life".
- Each animal comes with a "Teaching" tag describing, in detail, the animal's habitat, lifestyle, history, location, how they care for their young and their eating habits.
- Significant research goes into reproducing every animal species. As noted above, the fabric for the spotted and striped animals is custom designed and exclusively created in small quantities to Hansa's exacting specifications.
- Each animal created is hand finished by Hansa's artists to give each their own unique personality (just as in real life).
- The meticulous detail and the broad range of 17 collections positions Hansa as a "preferred supplier" to many zoos, wildlife parks, garden centers, holiday displays, media events, photo-shoots, museums and gallery exhibitions. Hundreds of animals, from Aardvarks to Zebras make this the world's largest collection of "realistic" soft sculpture animals in today's market.
- EVERYBODY LOVES ANIMALS and when posed together, they create magical "attractions" that bring out the wonder in all of us!
Over the years, HANSA has received many awards for its designs including "ANIMAL of the Year" as well as other internationally recognized awards and ARTIST designed product nominations.
The unique combination of industry experience and European influence executed in the design, creation, and quality control is what makes Hansa's animals exceptional. .